This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's May 15, 2018 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 82 winery updates and 56 wineries releasing wine.
Spent five days in London and five days in Paris last month and had a great time. I visited the wine section of an upscale grocery store in London and there was a huge selection of Italian and French wines and then spotted Barefoot Cellers Pink Moscato and White Zinfandel for £6.69 ($9). It is scary to think that wine buyers in London would spend $9 equivalent for a $4-$4.50 (in US) and have that wine be a sweet wine atypical of what we produce.
I understand it may not make financial sense for US wineries to export their wines, but for the good of the US wine industry, It would be great to have more US wines available outside the United States that are characteristic of the wines we produce that would stand up against other wine regions of the world.
And now, onto the wine releases...
May 2018 Wine Releases
- Airfield Estates Winery; 2016 Mustang Syrah/Grenache/Mourvedre, 2017 Yakima Valley Riesling ($15), 2015 Yakima Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($30)
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($76)
- Amici Cellars; 2016 Spring Mountain Sauvignon Blanc, 2015 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Reserve Pinot Noir
- B. Kosuge Wines; 2015 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (342 cases, $35), 2015 Carneros The Shop Pinot Noir ($35)
- Baca Wines; 2016 Rockpile Mauritson Cat's Cradle Zinfandel ($50), 2016 Dusi Vineyard Double Dutch Zinfandel ($50), 2016 Napa Valley Howell Mountain I Spy Zinfandel ($50), 2016 Russian River Valley Maffei Vineyard Tug O' War Zinfandel ($50)
- Benediction Estates; 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014 Chardonnay
- Betz Family Winery; 2017 Columbia Valley Rosé Caché, 2015 Columbia Valley Washington Possibility Red Blend ($35)
- Black Prince Winery; 2016 Sunset Blush, 2016 Chardonnay
- Bonded Winery Number 9; 2015 Napa Valley Oakville Rock Cairn Vineyard Ghost Block Estate (3,425 cases, $70)
- Brasswood Estate (formerly Cairdean Estate); 2017 Haley Margaret 65 Roses Rosé ($45)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cardinale Estate Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Intrada Sauvignon Blanc
- Celani Family Vineyards; 2017 Vincenza Rosé
- Cenyth Wines; 2017 Sonoma County Cabernet Franc Rosé (50 cases)
- Ceritas Wines; 2016 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2016 Porter-Bass Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2016 Elliott Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2016 Costalina Pinot Noir
- Chase Family Cellars; 2017 Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel Rosé (194 cases, $36), 2016 Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel (510 cases, $60), 2016 Bourn Sarah’s Petite Blend (175 cases, $75)
- Chatter Creek Winery; 2013 Cabernet Franc, 2017 Rose
- Cobden Wini; 2016 Reserve Pinot Noir (100 cases)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2017 Rosé of Pinot Noir ($20)
- Cultivar; 2017 Napa Valley Rosé Syrah/Grenache
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2017 Shop Block Pinot Blanc, 2017 Green Valley Vineyard Gewurtraminer, 2016 Walker Hill Vineyard Chardonnay
- Elyse Winery ; 2017 Rosé
- Evening Land Vineyards; 2015 Seven Springs La Source Pinot Noir ($75)
- Gallica; 2015 Napa Valley St. Helena Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($185), 2017 Calaveras County Rorick Heritage Vineyard Albariño ($39)
- Gibbons Lane Winery; 2014 Donedei Merlot, 2014 Donedei Cabernet Sauvignon
- Haber Family Vineyards; 2016 Carneros Barrel Aged Chardonnay, 2015 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jeremy Wine Company; 2017 Dry Rose’
- Kale Wines; 2017 Kick Ranch Vineyard Rosé Grenache (92 cases), 2017 McGah Vineyard Rosé Grenache/Mourvédre (144 cases), 2017 Napa Valley Somerston Vineyard Grenache Blanc (112 cases), 2014 Kick Ranch Vineyard Home Run Cuvèe Syrah/Grenache/Viognier (293 cases)
- La Frenz; 2017 Naramata Bench Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Naramata Bench Knorr Vineyard Semillon, 2017 Naramata Bench Viognier, 2017 Naramata Bench Riesling, 2017 Naramata Bench Alexandria White Muscat/Schonburger, 2016 Naramata Bench Desperation Hill Pinot Noir, 2017 Naramata Bench Chardonnay
- Latta Wines; 2014 Upland Vineyard Mourvedre, 2014 Upland Grenache, 2014 Northridge Vineyard Malbec
- Lewis Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc ($38)
- Lumia; 2017 Dry Creek Valley Watson Ranch Valdiguié Rosé
- Maitre De Chai; 2016 Sonoma Coast Michael Mara Chardonnay (25 cases, $45)
- MJA Vineyards; NV California Rose Sparkling Wine ($45)
- Morell-Peña; 2016 Columbia Valley Ysabella Bjork Chardonnay (144 cases, $55), 2016 Columbia Valley Camylla Loren Chardonnay (132 cases, $55), 2016 Columbia Valley Gemma Camaryn Chardonnay (120 cases, $55), 2016 Rosé of Pinot Noir ($30)
- Nichelini Winery; 2017 California Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé (92 cases)
- Passalacqua Winery; 2017 Quince Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Patel Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc (125 cases, $60)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2016 Dry Creek Valley Bench Vineyards Merlot, 2016 Dry Creek Valley Bushnell Vineyard Zinfandel
- Piña Cellars; 2013 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Buckeye Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($99)
- Provenance Vineyards; 2016 Carneros Chardonnay ($35)
- Ridge Vineyards; 2015 Dry Creek Valley Syrah/Grenache/Mataro ($37)
- Rosehall Run; 2017 Hungry Point Unoaked Chardonnay
- Sawtooth Winery; 2017 Classic Fly Mouvedre Rose, 2017 Classic Fly Sauvignon Blanc
- Scratch Wines; 2014 Pinot Noir, 2014 Grenache
- Seagrape Wine Company; 2017 Los Olivos District Buttonwood Farm Vineyard Grenache Rose' (22 cases, $22)
- Shane Wine Cellars; 2017 Russian River Valley Infraction Sauvignon Blanc ($15)
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2016 Russian River Valley Dutton Ranch Chardonnay
- Spenker Winery; 2017 Evening Prim-Rosé Zinfandel/Syrah
- St. Clair Brown Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Chardonnay (374 cases, $48)
- The Four Graces; 2017 Dundee Hills Rosé ($32)
- Tolosa Winery; 2015 Edna Valley 1772 Pinot Noir ($65)
- Trotter 116 Winery; 2015 Napa Valley Oak Canyon Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Napa Valley E & S Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Napa Valley Sam's Pick Cabernet Sauvignon
- Roessler Cellars; 2016 Roseller's Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2016 Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay ($55), 2016 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Pinot Noir ($75), 2017 California Rosé of Pinot Noir ($35), 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Rita's Crown Pinot Noir ($75), 2016 Anderson Valley Blue Jay Pinot Noir ($44), 2016 Sonoma Coast La Brisa Pinot Noir ($44), 2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($40), 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Clos Pepe Pinot Noir ($75), 2016 Napa Valley Carneros Brown Ranch Pinot Noir ($75), 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir ($44)
- Wellington Cellars; 2015 Estate Grenache (200 cases, $48), 2015 Estate Merlot, 2015 Estate Planted 1882 Zinfandel (200 cases, $52)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2015 Cuvee Pinot Noir, 2015 Natasha Pinot Noir, 2015 Jordan Pinot Noir
June 2018 Wine Releases
- Arns Winery; 2014 Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $90)
- Avennia Winery; 2017 L'Egerie Rosé Grenache/Mourvedre ($28)
- Black Prince Winery; 2015 Terroir Elite Oaked Chardonnay, 2016 Reserve Cabernet Franc, 2016 Pinot Gris
- Coquerel Wines; 2017 Le Petit Sauvignon Blanc ($22)
- Guarachi Family Wines; 2016 Sun Chase Pinot Noir, 2013 Beckstoffer Single Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Chardonnay
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2017 Dalla Gasperina Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
- La Frenz; NV Liqueur Muscat, NV Tawny Port, 2017 Vintage Port Style, 2016 Ensemble Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon, 2016 Reserve Chardonnay, 2016 Vivant Viognier/Chardonnay/Rousanne, 2016 Reserve Pinot Noir, 2015 Grand Total Reserve Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2016 Dry Creek Valley Alto Vineyards Sangiovese
- Pelletiere Estate Vineyard and Winery; 2017 Mayson Rosé
- Rosehall Run; 2016 JCR Chardonnay, 2017 Hungry Point Pinot Noir, 2017 Rosé
- Roy Piper Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Six Hands Winery; 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Lodi Palmero Family Vineyard Chenin Blanc, 2016 Zinfandel, 2016 Delta Red, 2016 Clarksburg Estate Syrah, 2016 Pinot Noir
- Vörös Cellars; 2015 Sonoma Magfúzió Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot/Malbec
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 82 winery information pages have been updated since April 15, 2018:
Wine Quote of the Month: "The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault." Paul S. Winalski
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2017 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123