This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's June 15, 2014 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 2,031 winery listings strong.
What a gorgeous day it is up the wine country on this Father’s Day!
I am spending it working in the yard, fitting out the man cave with new windows, rewiring the phone lines and pouring concrete. Tonight we’ll grill some fresh local salmon (according to the Calistoga Farmers’ Market – not sure where ‘local’ around here actually is, but can’t wait to try it) and take the opportunity to open a bottle of Pazzo from Bacio Divino.
We moved one of the Vespas up to St Helena, in anticipation of spending the summer up here:
Last night my wife and I escaped for a Father Day’s Eve dinner at Market in St Helena. I have to say it was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had. The whole meal was delicious. From the ahi tartare (with truffle oil) appetizer to the crab cake on a bed of fresh corn to the watermelon and arugula salad, closing with the filet (served with a potato au gratin and local green beans) perfectly paired with the 1998 Pavie Decesse that we brought from home, the meal was a total hit.
No corkage on your first bottle at most of the local restaurants in St Helena (including Market) means they practically pay you to enjoy that special bottle. We finished with their famous butterscotch pudding. Great way to end the night.
Over the past month, we’ve hosted a handful of friends for overnights in the wine country, tasted at Duckhorn and Markham.
We continue to enjoy Farmstead’s Growers' Market Happy Hour (particularly on Friday afternoons where they feature live music - they’ll play any request, as long as they know it - think George Strait, Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, etc) and are looking forward to spending the summer up here full time.
We have also been frequenting the Calistoga Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings, which has been the main source of many meals this past month.
Last weekend at the market we bought a few chickens, sage plants for the garden, carrots, onions, etc and I roasted them all in a cast iron pot, with milk and lemon (a Jamie Oliver recipe).
It’s an amazingly tender dish and paired exceptionally well with Kimmel Vineyards Chardonnay.
Yesterday lunch was Faruggia’s rosemary fogaccia (made that morning) with heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and an aged balsamic, coupled with a glass of Mumm that friends had brought after a day of tasting.
As we enter the heart of the summer, I am looking forward to our first summer in the wine country with warm days, barbecues during the relatively cooler evenings, and opening some good bottles.
And now, onto the wines...
June 2014 Wine Releases
- 13th Street Winery; 2012 VQA Four Mile Creek Sandstone Vineyard Gamay Noir (260 cases, $30), 2011 VQA Niagara Peninsula Essence Cabernet Franc (155 cases, $45), 2013 VQA Niagara Peninsula Cabernet Franc Rose (220 cases, $18)
- 21 Cellars; 2010 Promesse 21 Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Malbec
- Aiken Wines; 2013 Sonoma Mountain Silver Pines Vineyard Pinot Noir Rosé ($28), 2010 Rutherford Morisoli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- àMaurice Cellars; 2013 Walla Walla Valley Sparrow Estate Viognier (145 cases, $35)
- Athair; 2013 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2013 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Beauregard Vineyards; 2013 Santa Cruz Mountains Nelson Vineyard Rosé of Syrah (171 cases, $25)
- Bella Terrazza Vineyards; 2013 Chardonnay, 2013 Pinot Grigio, 2013 Blush Pinot Grigio, 2011 Lemberger, 2012 Cabernet Franc
- Bet the Farm Winery; NV Twice Noir Gamay/Pinot Blend
- Big Basin Vineyards; 2012 Wirz Vineyard Riesling (43 cases, $25)
- Black Cloud Wine; 2012 Fleuvage Pinot Noir
- Bogle Winery; 2013 Petite Sirah Rosé, 2013 Gewürtztraminer, 2012 Tempranillo
- Cakebread Cellars; 2012 North Coast Rubaiyat Red Wine Blend ($33)
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2012 Lake County Cam Collection Cabernet Sauvignon (10,000 cases, $18), 2012 Monterey County Cam Collection Chardonnay (10,000 cases, $16)
- Casa Larga Vineyards; 2012 Pinot Noir, 2013 Vidal Blanc, 2013 Chard-Riesling
- Cima Collina; 2012 Arroyo Seco Cedar Lane Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($18), 2012 Chalone Antle Vineyard Pinot Blanc ($24)
- Claiborne & Churchill Winery; 2013 Central Coast Dry Riesling (1,121 cases, $22), 2012 Dry Muscat (134 cases, $26), 2013 Edna Valley Cuveé Elizabeth Dry Rosé of Pinot Noir (238 cases, $20), 2011 Edna Valley Classic Pinot Noir (388 cases, $28)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2013 Tocai Friulano, 2013 Cooper Mountain Pinot Gris ($16), 2011 Reserve Chardonnay ($15), 2013 Rosé of Pinot Noir, 2011 Mountain Terroir Pinot Noir
- Copain Wines; 2013 Estate Trousseau
- Corison Winery; 2010 Napa Valley Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cornerstone Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Black Label Cabernet Franc ($45), 2011 Napa Valley Stepping Stone Cuvée
- Croze; 2011 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (410 cases, $38), 2011 Smith Wooton Vintner's Select Petit Verdot (100 cases, $48)
- Domaine Chandon; NV California Reserve Club Cuvée ($35), NV California Limited Edition Blanc de Noirs ($24)
- Dragonette Cellars; 2012 Vogelzang Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (290 cases, $42), 2012 Fiddlestix Vineyard Pinot Noir (400 cases, $54)
- Dutch Henry Winery; 2008 Napa Valley Argos Merlot/Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon ($49)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2012 Russian River Valley Rued Vineyard Chardonnay (755 cases, $50)
- Eleven Winery; 2012 Ratio Rosso Red Wine
- Epiphany Cellars; 2012 Santa Barbara County Camp Four Vineyard Roussanne (101 cases, $25)
- Flora Springs Winery; 2012 Big Papa Blend ($55)
- Fort Ross Vineyard & Winery; 2012 Sonoma Coast The Terraces Pinot Noir ($75), 2012 Sonoma Coast Top of Land Pinot Noir, 2012 Sonoma Coast Stagecoach Reserve Pinot Noir, 2012 Sonoma Coast Highlands Pinot Noir, 2012 Sonoma Coast Mother of Pearl Chardonnay, 2012 Sonoma Coast Peak Chardonnay
- Foxen; 2012 Jeanne Marie-Williamson Doré Cuvée, 2012 Melville Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Gary Farrell; 2013 Russian River Valley Selection Sauvignon Blanc (222 cases, $25), 2013 Russian River Valley Selection Rosé of Pinot Noir (209 cases, $28)
- Gilbert Cellars; 2012 Yakimia Valley Mourvèdre (164 cases, $38)
- Inman Family Wines; 2012 Russian River Pinot Noir (348 cases, $35), 2012 Sonoma County Pinot Noir (69 cases, $30), 2012 Monte Rosso Vineyard Zinfandel (180 cases, $45), 2012 Russian River Chardonnay (286 cases, $32)
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2013 Hearsay White Wine Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc/Muscat Canelli ($18)
- Joseph Swan Vineyards; 2013 Russian River Valley Catie’s Corner Viognier (54 cases, $24), 2013 Russian River Valley Ritchie Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (141 cases, $24), 2011 Trenton Estate Chardonnay (11 cases, $38), 2012 Russian River Valley Kent the Younger Chardonnay (113 cases, $38), 2012 Russian River Valley Saralee’s Vineyard Orange Wine Pinot Gris (45 cases, $24), 2011 Russian River Valley Saralee’s Vineyard Pinot Noir (375 cases, $39), 2010 Russian River Valley Tannat (64 cases, $28), 2008 Russian River Valley Great Oak Vineyard Syrah (61 cases, $34)
- Keller Estate; 2013 Sonoma Coast La Cruz Vineyard Rose of Pinot Noir ($30)
- Kendall-Jackson Vineyards ; 2012 California Avant Chardonnay ($17), 2012 California Avant Red Blend ($17), 2013 California Avant Sauvignon Blanc ($14)
- Lail Vineyards; 2012 J. Daniel Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon ($200)
- Lambert Bridge Winery; 2013 Bevill Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (522 cases, $35)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2012 Maverick's Syrah ($45), 2012 Maverick's Cabernet Sauvignon ($50), 2012 Maverick's Cabernet Sauvignon Blend ($55)
- Lula Cellars; 2012 Costa Vineyard Comptche Pinot Noir (532 cases), 2012 Peterson Vineyard Comptche Pinot Noir (515 cases), 2012 Mendocino Comptche Pinot Noir (562 cases)
- MARA Winery; 2013 Sonoma County Dry Creek Valley White Grass Sauvignon Blanc
- Mirror Wine Co; 2012 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay ($45)
- Mutt Lynch Winery; 2012 Hell Hound Red ($21)
- Pali Wine Company; 2013 Sonoma Coast Charm Acres Chardonnay ($21)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2012 Dry Creek Valley Family Vineyards Petite Sirah
- Peirson Meyer; 2013 Ritchie Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($32), 2013 Napa Valley Ryan’s Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($32), 2011 Bateman Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60), 2011 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay ($55), 2011 Russian River Valley Chardonnay ($38)
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2012 Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (753 cases, $65)
- Quivet Cellars; 2012 Pellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (122 cases, $65), 2012 Kenefick Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (145 cases, $70)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2011 QED (556 cases, $50), 2011 Principia Reserve Syrah (125 cases, $85)
- Robert Keenan Winery; 2013 Napa Valley Summer Blend Chardonnay/Viognier/Albarino ($25)
- Samsara; 2011 Cargasacchi Vineyard Pinot Noir (85 cases, $56), 2011 Las Hermanas Pinot Noir (122 cases, $54), 2011 Caden Pinot Noir (24 cases, $62)
- Sawtooth Winery; 2012 Merlot, 2013 Pinot Gris
- Seghesio Family Vineyards; 2012 Dry Creek Valley Rockpile Zinfandel ($38)
- Selene Wines; 2012 Dead Fred Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (265 cases, $50)
- Skinner Vineyards; 2011 El Dorado Estate Mourvedre (63 cases, $58), 2010 El Dorado Estate Stony Creek Vineyard Syrah (90 cases, $52)
- Standing Stone Vineyards; 2012 Saperavi ($30), 2013 Dry Vidal ($14), 2013 Chardonnay Ice ($25)
- Stony Hill Vineyard; 2013 Rosenda de la Sombra ($20)
- Tempus Cellars; 2013 Ancient Lakes Evergreen Vineyard Riesling
- Tesoro Winery; 2010 Zinfandel
- Three Sticks Winery; 2012 Durell Estate Vineyard Origin Chardonnay (266 cases, $48), 2012 Sonoma Mountain One Sky Chardonnay (222 cases, $50)
- Tor Kenward Family Vineyard; 2012 Rock Syrah, 2012 Rock Grenache
- TR Elliott; 2012 Russian River Valley Queste Pinot Noir (410 cases, $44), 2012 Russian River Valley Herrick Vineyard Three Roses Chardonnay (257 cases, $32)
- Villa Toscano Winery; 2012 Bella Piazza Old Vin Zinfandel ($24), 2013 Bella Piazza Viognier ($24), 2013 Bella Piazza Pinot Gris ($20)
- Vino Noceto; 2011 Linsteadt Barbera
- VJB Vineyards and Cellars; 2012 Natalie's Blend (200 cases, $42)
- Whitehall Lane Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Woodinville Wine Cellars; 2013 Sauvignon Blanc ($18), 2013 Conner Lee Vineyard Chardonnay ($25)
July 2014 Wine Releases
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 84 winery information pages have been updated since May 15, 2014:
Wine Quote of the Month: "God made only water, but man made wine. Victor Hugo, Les Contemplations
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Howell Mountain Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2014 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123