This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's June 15, 2013 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 1,941 winery listings strong. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
We’ve been enjoying the pre-summer weather here in Northern California.
Over Memorial Day Weekend, my wife, the baby and I joined 3 friends and their families camping along the Mendocino Coast.
While the primary purpose of the trip was to dive for abalone, we used it for a great excuse to grill some delicious food and drink good wine.
I brought Jamie Oliver’s ‘Elvis burgers’, which is always a huge crowd pleaser.
Other delicacies included homemade sausage, egg and Chorizo burritos, ribs, grilled chicken, roasted potatoes with fresh herbs.
Last weekend, my wife and I hosted our 15th annual abalone potluck dinner.
This was the largest yet, with 100+ adults and children.
In order to accommodate the crowd, we got a permit to close the street, rented tables and chairs, and had a great time.
This is always a favorite event of the year in that we get a chance to catch up with neighbors and friends, enjoy interesting dishes (everyone brings something homemade to share; to accompany the abalone), and again, drink some amazing wines.
Over the last several years, we’ve used the paella pans and burners, which are great for frying abalone.
I like to pull out some of my favorite wines, as there is always a big portion of the crowd who likes to try something special (including my buddies from Henry Wine Group and K&L Wines here in San Francisco).
Our Henry reps, who used to sell the 1998 Andrew Murray California Tous les Jours Syrah, agreed that it was a standout of the night and that it’s really held up well.
I also opened up a 3 liter of 1997 Viader and it, too, was very tasty.
Dave Rickenbaker (K&L Wines), Craig Richmond (Opici Wines) were the abalone chefs, and me.
Although we were met with a bit of wind throughout the afternoon, the bulk of the crowd stayed out in the street until 8:30 or 9:00p, with the diehards finishing the evening on the back patio, smoking cigars under the heat lamp.
My nieces worked the party and did a great job keeping the whole thing running, serving apps, running food in and out of the house, checking coats, and washing all 100+ dishes and glasses.
All in all, a great event. We’re looking forward to next year.
Thanks to the following winery sponsors that have renewed their support of WineRelease; Alysian Wines, Kimmel Vineyards, Parry Cellars, Relic Wines, Selene Wines, Stein Family Wines, VIADER Vineyards & Winery, Wrath and thanks to the following new sponsors; Bacio Divino, Bonaccorsi Wine Company, C. G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery, Herb Lamb Vineyards, Howell Mountain Vineyards, Robert Karl, Rocca Family Vineyards.
And now, onto the wines...
June 2013 Wine Releases
- 13th Street Winery; 2011 Essence Arôme, 2012 Estate Riesling, 2012 June’s Vineyard Riesling, 2010 Essence Pinot Noir (350 cases, $44.95)
- Alta Colina; 2012 Grenache Blanc ($28), 2011 Paso Robles 12 O'Clock High Viognier (70 cases, $32), 2012 Grenache Rosè (75 cases, $20), 2011 Claudia Cuvèe Marsanne ($32)
- Alysian Wines; 2010 Westside Farms Clone 4 Chardonnay (158 cases, $40), 2010 Floodgate Vineyard Clone 95 Chardonnay (239 cases, $40), 2012 Floodgate Vineyard North Face Sauvignon Blanc (317 cases, $22), 2010 Russian River Selection Pinot Noir (2,195 cases, $40), 2010 Floodgate Vineyard Rock Hill Pinot Noir (158 cases, $55), 2010 Hallberg Vineyard Crossroads Pinot Noir ($55)
- Amici Cellars; 2012 Sonoma County Olema Chardonnay ($15), 2012 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc ($25)
- Andrew Will Winery; 2012 Washington State Antoine Creek Vineyard Cuvee Lucia Viognier (100 cases, $25)
- Axios Wine; 2010 Worthy Five Clones Sauvignon Blanc
- Barra of Mendocino; 2012 Mendocino Estate Rosé of Pinot Noir (420 cases, $18), 2011 Mendocino Estate Muscat Canelli (83 cases, $16)
- Beauregard Vineyards; 2012 Coast Grade Vineyard Saignée of Pinot Noir
- Bethel Heights Vineyard; 2012 Columbia Gorge Rosé (65 cases, $22)
- Bishop’s Peak; 2012 Chardonnay
- Bogle Winery; 2012 California Chardonnay, 2011 California Old Vine Zinfandel
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2010 Monterey County Arroyo Seco Lot 328 Chardonnay ($13), 2011 Atlas Peak Lot 364 Chardonnay ($15)
- Capay Valley Vineyards; 2012 Sparkling Viognier, 2012 Viognier
- Cargasacchi Wines; 2011 Santa Barbara County Salsipuedes Pinot Noir ($24)
- Chappellet Vineyard; 2011 Napa Valley Cervantes Mountain Cuvee (12,400 cases, $32)
- Cima Collina; 2011 Cedar Lane Sauvignon Blanc ($18), 2011 Chalone Pinot Blanc ($22)
- Cosentino Winery; 2011 Napa County Il Chiaretto Sangiovese ($22)
- Crossbarn; 2012 Sonoma Coast Rosé of Pinot Noir ($18), 2012 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($25), 2012 Sonoma Valley Chardonnay ($25), 2011 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($35), 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($40)
- Croze; 2012 Suzanne K Viognier
- Domaine Carneros; 2012 Avant-Garde Rosé of Pinot Noir (250 cases, $25)
- Dutch Henry Winery; 2010 Zinfandel
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2011 Russian River Valley Morelli Lane Vineyard Zinfandel, 2011 Green Valley of Russian River Valley Rued Vineyard Chardonnay (571 cases, $50)
- Forlorn Hope Wines; 2012 Rutherford Picpoul (22 cases, $25), 2012 Suisun Valley Vineyard Trou Grit/Trousseau Gris (34 cases, $25), 2011 Mendocino Norgard Chenin Blanc (47 cases, $30), 2012 Lodi Kirschenmann Pinot Gris (47 cases, $30), 2008 Tenbrink Vineyard Les Deux Mathieux Petite Sirah (52 cases, $30), 2011 DeWitt Vineyard Batiscafo Verdelho (27 cases, $50)
- Girasole Vineyards; 2011 Mendocino Estate Pinot Noir (6,357 cases, $16), 2011 Mendocino Estate Chardonnay (1,503 cases, $13), 2012 Mendocino Estate Pinot Blanc (1,056 cases, $13)
- Grayson Cellars; 2012 California Merlot
- Hafner Vineyard; 2012 Rose of Malbec (480 cases, $18)
- J Vineyards & Winery; 2004 Russian River Valley Late Disgorged Vintage Brut (550 cases, $90)
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines; 2012 Arroyo Seco Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
- Keever Vineyards; 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 Estate Inspirado Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlo/Petit Verdot (388 cases, $68)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2012 Block 21 Sauvignon Blanc
- Ken Brown Wines; 2011 Santa Maria Valley Garey Vineyard Pinot Noir (146 cases, $50), 2011 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir (298 cases, $42)
- Kimmel Vineyards; 2012 Four Blocks Collection Chardonnay (7,800 cases, $20)
- Kiona Vineyards Winery; 2010 Red Mountain Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- La Frenz; 2012 Rosé ($18), 2011 Montage ($22), 2011 Malbec ($25), 2011 Shiraz ($28), 2011 Reserve Chardonnay ($29), 2011 Reserve Pinot Noir ($32), 2012 Vintage Port ($26 per 500ml), 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon ($28), 2010 Grand Total Reserve ($40)
- Luna Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Reserve Chardonnay ($36)
- MARA Winery; 2010 Russian River Valley Laughlin Road Ranch Pinot Noir (123 cases, $59), 2011 Russian River Valley Laughlin Road Ranch Pinot Noir ($59)
- Mueller Winery; 2011 Russian River Valley Hogan's Run Pinot Noir (78 cases)
- Nichelini Winery; 2012 Old Vine Muscadelle
- Olabisi Winery; 2009 Howell Mountain Double Top Secret Cabernet Sauvignon (150 cases, $125), 2009 Howell Mountain Gratitude Cabernet Sauvignon (144 cases, $125)
- Passalacqua Winery; 2011 Dry Creek Valley Estate Vineyard Zinfandel (92 cases, $36)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2010 Family Vineyards Petite Sirah ($17), 2011 Bench Vineyards Merlot ($16)
- Peju Province Winery; 2012 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($28), 2009 Napa Valley Rutherford Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($115)
- PlumpJack Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Syrah ($52), 2012 Napa Valley Reserve Chardonnay ($48)
- Quivet Cellars; 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Revenant Winery; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (136 cases, $50), 2010 Napa Valley Hillside Block Zinfandel (210 cases, $35)
- Reynolds Family Winery; 2010 Los Carneros Pinot Noir, 2010 Napa Valley Chardonnay
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2011 Heritage Zinfandel
- Seven Stones; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (328 cases, $175)
- Smasne Cellars; 2012 Coyote Canyon Horse Heaven Hills Rosella Rose ($18), 2011 Snipes Mountain Upland Vineyard Viognier ($16), 2011 The Farmer White ($15), 2010 The Farmer Red ($18), 2009 Robert O SmasneOwens Reserve ($110)
- Stellareese; 2010 2Wines Red Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc
- Talley Vineyards; 2011 Estate Pinot Noir
- The Four Graces; 2010 Doe Ridge Estate Pinot Noir ($75)
- Three Sticks Winery; 2011 Durell Vineyard Origin Chardonnay (269 cases)
- Uvaggio; 2012 Vermentino (3,500 cases, $14), 2011 Primitivo Barile (300 cases, $20)
- Woodhouse Wine Estates; 2008 Rattlesnake Hills Reserve Malbec, 2009 Rattlesnake Hills Reserve Petit Verdot
- Woodinville Wine Company; 2011 Conner Lee Vineyard Chardonnay, 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- ZD Wines; 2012 Napa Valley Rosa Lee Semillon (300 cases, $26)
July 2013 Wine Releases
- Amelia Wynn; 2012 Yakima Valley Chardonnay
- Bishop’s Peak; 2012 Pinot Noir
- DiStefano Wines; 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fulcrum Wines; 2011 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (200 cases, $58), 2011 Carneros, Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir (99 cases, $54), 2011 Chalone, Brosseau Vineyard Pinot Noir (101 cases, $54), 2011 On Point Chalone Pinot Noir (114 cases, $34), 2011 On Point Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (144 cases, $36)
- Howell Mountain Vineyards; 2010 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (392 cases, $75), 2010 Howell Mountain Old Vine Zinfandel (214 cases, $45)
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines; 2011 Paso Robles Tower Road Petite Sirah, 2011 Paso Robles Gesture Syrah, 2011 Paso Robles Gesture GSM, 2011 Paso Robles Gesture Mourvedre
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2011 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir (575 cases, $60), 2011 Elevee Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60, 200 cases)
- Woodhouse Wine Estates; 2012 Grenache Rosé
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 94 winery information pages have been updated since May 15, 2013:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Wine, it's in my veins and I can't get it out. Burgess Meredith, Actor and Oenophile
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
C. G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Howell Mountain Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2012 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123